Author Topic: Fitting the Micro Four Thirds Mount  (Read 6094 times)

Visualtec

• View Profile
Fitting the Micro Four Thirds Mount
« on: March 14, 2023, 08:28:51 AM »
I have just purchased the Kron Micro Four Thirds Mount is there anything need to watch out for when fitting it ? I also have the Aputure DEC lens regain 0.75x focal reducer, adapter EF to MFT, wireless focus. The idea is I can use my Canon EF macro lenses and control the aperture. I'm not sure if the .75 will be a problem but I will find out when its fitted I guess.

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Fitting the Micro Four Thirds Mount
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 08:38:04 AM »
Make sure the Camera Front Surface is Clean when Mounting, also make sure to Remove the Stainless CS-Mount Ring together with The Screw and Clamping Rod when using anything like the Focal Reducer.
 Then proceed to Figure out the Correct Shims to put under it.
 Tighten The Screws firmly, but dont over torque the Screws, as that can damage and Distort the Camera Body or the Threads inside the Camera.
 Proper Torque for Fastening these Screws is about 1,4Nm if you happen to have a small Torque Driver.
 Other than that, there is not much to it really, but if you want, i can shoot a Quick "How-To" Video and post that, so you can follow that in Detail.

Visualtec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 08:59:19 AM »
Thanks for the offer of a video. I will have a go and if I get stuck I will take you up on the offer ! I will remove the mount ring thanks

Visualtec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 10:06:09 AM »
I managed to get it fitted really pleased with it. The camera feels more solid not sure if its just in my head but I prefer the MFT mount to C mount. I have a speed booster and can fit my macro lenses now will post some results once I get everything set up,.

1022mm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 10:12:50 AM »
I've been shooting using a C-to-EF adapter on my Chronos 1.4 since March of 2019 with great difficultly.  No C to EF adapter on the market is stable enough to shoot with the weight of a the 11-16mm EF lens.  The connection continually works loose, causing the backfocus distance to change which makes the lens go out of focus and require resetting the focus.  This happens nearly every time the camera is picked up, and I have countless shots ruined by being out of focus due to this issue.   I eventually bought a rail system to provide more support to the entire setup, but even this was not enough to stop movement of the lens on the adapter.

The MFT mount appears to have completely fixed this problem. I have a native MFT wide-angle lens and an MFT-to-EF adapter using the same 11-16mm lens, both are rock solid now and I don't need to keep using the unwieldy rail system.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 12:27:47 PM »
I've been shooting using a C-to-EF adapter on my Chronos 1.4 since March of 2019 with great difficultly.  No C to EF adapter on the market is stable enough to shoot with the weight of a the 11-16mm EF lens.  The connection continually works loose, causing the backfocus distance to change which makes the lens go out of focus and require resetting the focus.  This happens nearly every time the camera is picked up, and I have countless shots ruined by being out of focus due to this issue.   I eventually bought a rail system to provide more support to the entire setup, but even this was not enough to stop movement of the lens on the adapter.

The MFT mount appears to have completely fixed this problem. I have a native MFT wide-angle lens and an MFT-to-EF adapter using the same 11-16mm lens, both are rock solid now and I don't need to keep using the unwieldy rail system.
That Yukisoa User is a Spam Bot btw.