Author Topic: Saving Problems of two synchronised Chronos 2.1  (Read 6783 times)

AIIS

• View Profile
Saving Problems of two synchronised Chronos 2.1
« on: October 04, 2023, 04:56:49 AM »
Hello there!

I am using two Chronos 2.1 cameras (1 RGB and 1 monochrome) which are triggered from an external signal and synchronised via shutter gating to make recordings of propeller tests at 1434 fps 1440x1080. So far, I have been using the H.264 profile with 60 fps and a bitrate of 40 fps. The files are stored via SMB share which seems to work fine.
In general, the setup works alright, but I am experiencing all kinds of problems that seem to come from the video saving process.
I am not just talking about the random shuffling of frames, which can be solved by rearranging the frames according to the text overlay.
Sometimes, 2 synchronised videos just do not contain the same footage.
For example:
Video 1 shows a rotating propeller and a specific event which lasts about 30 frames
Video 2 shows the propeller in different positions and not the event seen in Video 1
The frame numbers and time stamp of the text overlays are the same in both videos
The next video taken 1 minute later with the exact same setup works as intended and shows the same footage from both cameras.

Furthermore, I have seen videos, where the propeller skips to a random position from one frame to another, suggesting that there must be some problem with the files.
Has anybody experienced similar problems or is there any idea, what might cause this behavior and how my setup could be improved?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

franceshill

• View Profile
Re: Saving Problems of two synchronised Chronos 2.1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 01:12:39 PM »
I also have the same issue. Have you find the solution?
geometry dash subzero
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 05:20:10 PM by franceshill »

Rob_G

• View Profile
Re: Saving Problems of two synchronised Chronos 2.1
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 12:00:37 PM »
Hi AIIS,

Can you please describe how you are triggering and synchronizing the cameras?

I am interested in your setup