Author Topic: Continuous saving of single frames  (Read 7176 times)

AIIS

• View Profile
Continuous saving of single frames
« on: October 12, 2023, 02:31:38 AM »
Hi there!

I want to use my Chronos 2.1 to continuously capture frames of a propeller with the shutter synchronised to the propeller's rpm so that the propeller position is the same in each frame.
The critical point is, that i want to continously save the single frames directly to my smb-share directory at a a rate of about 1 fps.
Does anybody know, if this kind of continuous recording and saving is achievable with the Chronos 2.1?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Continuous saving of single frames
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 04:03:46 PM »
Yes, if you set the camera up in segmented record mode, with a segment size of 1 frame, each time you trigger the camera it will store one frame. You'll need an external source or signal generator to make this 1Hz trigger signal.

You can do this simultaneously with triggered exposure or shutter gating for synchronization with the propeller RPM, using another trigger input.

When you save the result, you'll get a video file with all the single frames concatenated into a video file.

Cheers,
David

arya23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 12:00:26 AM »
Hi there!

I want to use my Chronos 2.1 to continuously capture frames of a propeller with the shutter synchronised to the propeller's rpm so that the propeller position is the same in each frame.
The critical point is, fnf that i want to continously save the single frames directly to my smb-share directory at a a rate of about 1 fps.
Does anybody know, if this kind of continuous recording and saving is achievable with the Chronos 2.1?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

The Chronos 2.1 can achieve continuous recording and frame saving at 1 FPS, but requires additional hardware or software for propeller RPM synchronization and post-processing for individual frame extraction.

moonlight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 06:20:02 AM »
Syncing with the propeller's rpm might need some tweaking, but continuous recording at 1 fps should be doable. Check the settings, and maybe play around with the triggering options. Also, make sure your smb-share setup can handle the speed.

Rob_G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 11:51:29 AM »
Hello AIIS,

I just want to add a quick comment to David's reply.

You can use the Shutter Gating function. With it you can control the exposure time. The exposure time is set by the duty cycle of your input pulse.

This gives you the ability to freeze the motion of the propeller.

If your external device allows you to add a time delay, you can even record single frames of the propeller at different angular positions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:58:32 AM by Rob_G »