Author Topic: Gated burst not working from external trigger  (Read 6315 times)

bostonscot

• View Profile
Gated burst not working from external trigger
« on: November 21, 2023, 08:16:55 AM »
release 0.7.2 (but also older revs I think).
I can't get the gated burst mode to work from IO1.  this might be by design but I can apparently trigger it to record (light goes on and off as I press the button, "recording" shows up on the GUI), but it does not appear to add any images to the buffer.  I suspect I might have the trigger settings set up incorrectly.  Does anyone have a recommendation on how to set up the trigger and combinatorial block to allow gated burst when the trigger button is depressed? 

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Gated burst not working from external trigger
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 02:33:13 PM »
Could you show us your Trigger IO screen configuration?

bostonscot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 10:42:28 AM »
I got an "attachment not writable" when I tried to upload a word doc.  See bottom of message.  This seems to look like it works (recording status goes high while I hold down the button, the light goes on, the UI says "recording", but images are only intermittently captured and they don't seem to mimic the gating of the trigger). 

That being said I started digging in to the API calls and there is an API call "ioMappingGate" which is not apparently exposed on the GUI.  If I send that I get a valid response, but I can't set it.  Perhaps this is defined in the background by the "gated burst" mode?  (but the source is set to "none"). 

Thanks! 
IO1: record end trigger, debounce: false, invert: false, pull-up:20 mA
Start recording: IO1, debounce: true, invert: true
Stop recording: delay block, debounce: true, invert: true
delay: IO1, debounce: false, invert: true, time: 0.01
IO1 out: always high, debounce: false, invert: false, drive: 20 mA
Trigger: IO1, debounce: false, invert: false BUT changing this doesn't "stick" (and in fact if I try to update the trigger from the API, that doesn't stick either)

PS I am running 0.7.0 release version.  we have another camera with 0.7.1 so I am going to go check that.

bostonscot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 12:49:30 PM »
update.  I can apparently generate a trigger that starts something recording.  Using the API I can see the number of entries in "videosegments" increasing, but only rarely does this include more than one frame per segment, and often it will spontanteously drop to one or two entries.  On the GUI I can see "recording" active, but at no point does this seem to lead to contiguous video from multiple button press.  It is in gated burst mode.  Can anyone send settings that work for them? 

bostonscot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 10:56:43 AM »
this sounds like the exact same issue I see.