Author Topic: View recorded frame rate  (Read 6092 times)

Beephe

• View Profile
View recorded frame rate
« on: January 28, 2024, 08:36:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

I did a bunch of test shots with different frame rates and now I can't remember which one was recorded at what frame rate. Is there a way to view that info in the file? I have the files saved as h.264 and the data I see is the playback frame rate (60 fps).
I appreciate the help!

Was a bot, ignore- Moderator
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 11:07:19 AM by RBergman »

hummingbirdography

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: View recorded frame rate
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 02:59:08 PM »
Unfortunately the latest Chronos firmware doesn't embed any metadata in MP4 files. However if you captured any DNG files, the shutter speed is included as metadata which might serve as a clue for recalling the frame rate.

If you were always shooting at the max fps, you could simply cross reference the resolution of each MP4 with the max frame rate your Chronos reports for each of those.

You might want to consider specifying a folder path or file name to include metadata such as the recording frame rate, however this is user error prone- it would require training yourself to verify the encoding settings dialog prior to each save

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 03:00:44 PM by hummingbirdography »

Rob_G

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 04:54:20 PM »
Hello Beephe

If you save your videos in h.264 or TIFF format you can enable the overlay text feature.

After capturing a video, press the Play button, then the Settings button. Check the Text Overlay box. This feature remains enabled until you deselect it again.

Information about each frame’s position within the recording will be overlaid as well as the number of frames recorded.  The information appears at the bottom of each frame of compressed video or TIFF image. You can check the time difference between two contiguous frames to determine the interframe time. The inverse of this gives you the framerate.

This can be useful sometime later in case you forget the framerate used to capture your videos.

aquahorrified

• View Profile
    • burrito craft
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 11:24:22 PM »
If you consistently shot at the maximum frame rate, you could easily compare the resolution of each MP4 with the maximum frame rate reported by Chronos for that particular MP4.

ilinstead

• View Profile
    • space bar clicker
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 07:14:55 PM »
Shooting at maximum frame rate every time would make comparing MP4 resolution to Chronos's declared maximum frame rate for that specific MP4 a breeze.