Chronos > Software Dev

Problems updating

<< < (3/3)

jasonfish:

--- Quote from: Camoit on November 15, 2017, 01:37:58 PM ---So today I tried to update the firmware to V2.

--- End quote ---

Just for my own curiosity, is this just a dry run update? You already have the latest firmware installed. ;)

Camoit:
Yes it is the latest firmware. But it should be able to do a backup or be able to reload if necessary. 
It's always best to find the problems before you need to rely on it out in the field.

Camoit:
David.
Problem figured out.
So what (I think) is going on is that the OS doesn't like to read/wright from a USB drive OVER 32-Gig.
Anything above 32 it will not read/wright from even though it shows in the utility. It likes 16 & 32.
I used a program called gui format  http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm
(It's a handy program to have around. ) to format the the larger drives I have to the FAT32 format. But it seems your OS can tell it's a larger drive. 
I have yet to test if the camera will transfer from the SD card to the USB. But that is to slow. It's faster just to swap out the SD cards. I'm using ScanDisk 64 Gig cards with no problem.
PS: in the next version of firmware can you make the drop down windows larger. Like the Quick select for the FPS and screen resolution sizes. There just to small and it takes several tries to get the size we want.
Marty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version